Driving New Solutions for Agriculture, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Distribution, Hospitality, and Non-Profit Industries
Open Source ERP is the global collegiate and professional hackathon where some of the brightest and most talented students, mentors and professionals come together to drive and create new solutions for existing Open Source ERP problems for the Agriculture, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Distribution, Hospitality and Non-Profit industries.
We are an inclusive focused hackathon that promotes diversity in all its forms. Attendees from all backgrounds, genders, and geographies are welcome.
There are no age restrictions to attend the hackathon. In case you are under 18, your parents/legal guardian should contact the hackathon to request a waiver authorizing you to attend the hackathon and submit their plan for your attendance and transportation to and from the hackathon.
Official Open Source ERP staff or committee members are not eligible to compete for a hackathon prize. They may however assist teams as mentors or volunteers during the coding/development phase.
All teams should have a team name, and be registered with Devpost.com
The Devpost team page listing should have the following:
- Team Mobile Phone Number.
- Development tools used to build the project.
- SDKs used in the project.
- APIs used in the project.
- Any assets used in the project.
- Any libraries used in the project.
- Any components not created at the Hackathon.
- Link to a video of a screen capture of the application on Youtube.
All projects should be submitted to the Hackathon's Devpost Page/account before judging begins on Sunday May 19th at 11:00 AM. Failure to submit will result in disqualification.
All projects submitted will be subject to a code-review. When the hackathon ends at least one member from each team will meet with the code review team for a brief review of their submission and to confirm that the team’s Devpost page has been correctly updated. Applications will be spot checked by code reviewers. All the projects selected by the judges as finalists will be code reviewed to confirm that the code is original work created at the Hackathon.
- Submissions that do not meet the following criteria are subject to disqualification and/or removal.
- Submission must be:
- 1) original work of the Participant;
- 2) must not have been previously published;
- 3) must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- 4) must incorporate the technology provided by the Hackathon committee and/or Sponsors.
How to enter
1. Tickets must be purchased on eventbrite in order participate https://opensourceerps.eventbrite.com
2. Student tickets are available once your student email is validated using the below link. https://opensourceerps.com/hackathon-student-ticket-application/
Newark Venture Partners
Full Stack Python Developer
Quality nature of the idea / demo Providing a thoroughly thought out process for your ERP build and creating higher quality code is more important than finishing first.
Code if only one part of the solution. Is the application useful and can it be implemented in the real world?
ShipEngine Rate API
All submission categories (with the exception of "Best User Interface") must use the Shipengine Rate API.
The following categories have multiple requirements: 1. Best Use Of ShipEngine API 2. Product Integration Hacks will need to use the Shipengine API in a specific manner to be announced at the opening of the Event